Monday, March 21, 2011

A Beginning....

So, I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a long time. I love looking at other peoples blogs, including my clever sister, Laura, or as I like to call her, Lola. http://randldunning.blogspot.com/
But blogs are so five minutes ago, right? And what in the world would I write about that anybody would want to read?

My dad was convinced for a long time that I needed to be a photojournalist. I love the first part of the word but the second part makes me cringe and want to hide under my bed with my teddy bear.

You see, I was homeschooled my entire life (not a homeschooler. There is a distinct difference- trust me).
One of the benefits of being homeschooled is the curriculum can be adjusted directly for your needs. I was rather clever when it came to math.
Maybe because I had an awesome teacher.
Maybe because I had a tough teacher.
Maybe I was just “lucky” to get the right answers.

So when 10th grade rolled around, I was doing Algebra 2 and looking at finishing all my math credits by the first semester of my 11th year.

While I excelled at math, my nastiest subjects were spelling and grammar (and apparently they still are as I just misspelled grammar. I wish I knew the people that invented spell check. I would kiss them. It’s probably good that I don’t know them.)

Seriously, what difference does it make if I know what a participle is and who uses “criterion” in a normal sentence anyways? (I would like kiss the creators of dictionary.com too)


I’m much better at trying to speak like Anne of Green Gables than actually writing like her.Obviously, I lack certain qualities that are very helpful in becoming a high-quality writer.

But all this aside, I tend to enjoy writing about frivolous stuff- like my life. I constantly have to cut my Facebook status down to the minimal 420 characters. Yes, I have the number memorized.
Maybe that’s only because I love to use periods as my thoughts (i.e. maybe….…maybe not……..).
I don’t even know if there is a proper word for the usage of periods in that fashion.
Maybe there isn’t a word for that.
Maybe my teacher told me and I forgot.
Maybe my mommy didn’t know.
Maybe my mommy should have taught me not to use that many maybes or that many parentheses in one post.

So after some thinking and soul searching (ha) I decided that I would like to try my hand at blogging.
And who better to help me set up than my neat sister, Lola.
Not that my other sister, Jenni, isn’t neat, but her computer is broken, and I’m afraid that she will break mine too. I can do that myself.
And she doesn’t have a blog…yet. But seeing as she’s the only one in the family to have a web cam and the only one to text, perhaps she doesn’t need one. She also likes to talk… a lot. (I love you, Jenni :) )
So perhaps this will convince my dad once and for all that I was never meant to be a journalist. I’m way too ADD for that.

To the three people that will actually read this- My mommy, ‘cause she loves me. My sister, Laura, because…umm…well…she loves me too and I read hers. (Jenni won’t because, remember, her computer is broken. That means I can talk about her without restraint) Aubrey, because she loves to edit things and this is a very good exercise in editing.



I hope this post has given you at least a little enjoyment. Or perhaps it has encouraged you because your blog/thoughts are so much more cohesive than mine.

An ADD Rambler,

Ti-Ti

5 comments:

  1. I love this Tiffany its fun and its an encouragement. I am thinking about doing this as well for Christian parents who struggle with kids having ADHD and Autism spectrum disorders. Take care and tell your mom and dad hi! They were such a great testimony to me growing up your lucky to have such an awesome family.
    Love,
    Shanda Minton (Blakeley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add onto this blog that four people will read it......(periods just for you).......ME! I'll read it! Love looking at your photographs and reading your Anne-ish thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be fun. (Isn't that what I said for all your writing assignments in home school??!!) :)
    You're off to a good start!!
    Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know..... this is way late in coming... but at least it came, right??
    For your grand use of periods, elipsis, whatever (......) I would like to say: C.S. Lewis used them in his writings to express a pause, a moment of thought before continuing. (congrats, you were just compared to a FANTASTIC WRITER!!!!) However, he only used three (...). But that's probably only because he didn't know how amusing multiple dots really could be. They are very thought provoking, by the way. I feel the "pause". (=

    I do like to edit, but it's hard to edit speach and you write like you talk. I can "hear" you reading this to me, even though I'm sitting on a couch by myself and everyone else in the house is very much asleep. Your writing is your expression of ... for lack of a better, more sophisticated way of saying it... you. (Yes, English Major is a loss for [proper, adequate] words. It's late. Give me a break.)... (yes, I did just edit the way I said that... and yes, I use () to express thought "inside" the main part of what I'm trying to say.) (I'm now writing as I would talk. Picking up from you. Thank you. You're welcome. I'm told copying is a form of compliment~ that's why I said, "you're welcome.") Where was I?? (I use double question marks for questions I'm really asking myself and whoever's listening. Just an aside. Again.) (Oh! there I was!!) Ti~Ti, although editing is a grand hobby, I like your writing... as is... Marked like the used cars at work. As Is, take it as I give it. Don't fix it. (However, feel free to fix your car as you see fit.... I wasn't really pushing the example that far.) All that said to say, "WELL DONE."

    Also, I'd like to mention... I ADD/ramble as much or more than you do.... Ok, sometimes less... who's counting??
    and I love you, dear friend.
    ~Aubu

    ReplyDelete
  5. You maketh me to laugh out loud, dear one (and people are looking at me funny, thankyouverymcuh).

    ReplyDelete