Sunday, August 7, 2011

Before the Break of Dawn

Why, yes, I am writing this on an air sick bag. I know that I always get the urge to blog/write when in an airport and I still failed to include notepaper in my Barbie-stuffed pursed and carry on.

'Twas quite the process getting here. First of all my flight is at 6:30...... A.M. If you know me at all, even if we are mere acquaintances, you have most likely been introduced to my aversion to mornings. My solution- stay up all night. Brilliant idea in theory but the execution could use a little work. So after hanging with Aubrey until 11:30 or so, I finally get to packing. Since Mike and Mindy's house is closer to the airport, I'm heading that direction- at 1:30a.m. Their house, of course, is dark so I tiptoe in....... which Mike and Mindy's house is strangle creaky. After fighting to stay awake in movie, I stop at a 7-Eleven for some much needed coffee and sugar.



And then the fun starts, I'm puttering steadily down the tollway and I even have no problem getting the some times sneaky airport exit. But you see- My parents left Friday at 12 and when I come home- most everybody else won't be back yet. So I must park my baby in a loverly parking lot. Eesh.....


Just FYI, for you in future, if you want to park your car- it's in the rental car exit place.


But if you want to miss that exit, slow down to 35 in a 65 to figure out where you are going, end up in the economy lot (which isn't that economical if you ask me), take a ticket and hope you don't have to pay, get lost in the parking lot and can't find the exit, finally get out and decide to try the rental car exit and hope they don't try to steal my baby as a rental car, find an arrow pointing to where I'm supposed to go, wander around in the boonies for a while and finally enter the right parking lot, then be my guest. I'm not even sure where I parked Vallin.


And so we finally get to the airport and my favorite- people watching.



-There is this nice, clean cut kid with the huge, expensive head phones. He's head banging it up and I'm about to do it with him, even though he's 7 people in front of me. Yeah, it's that loud.


- Sitting at my gate, there is at least 4 people curled up on the floor with their bags as pillows. This one guy is pretty far gone.... I know. I almost stepped on him and he didn't flinch.


- There's a bunny rabbit that wants to fly with me.... and yes, I'm flying Frontier but this is a real bunny rabbit.... I wonder if he has his own seat of if he has a lap seat.

- There's a group of Boy Scouts at the next gate over. It's kinda funny to see 15 year old boys dressed up in boy scout uniforms. One of the sponsors has decided that shoes are overrated and thinks that he should demonstrate his taekwondo moves to the young impressionable boys.

- The flight attendant is on the verge of being hilarious... at least for this early in the morning. "Make sure that your purse and man bags are completely under the seat in front of you." "You pull up to release your seat belt like this and- whala..." In a very annoncerish voice, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...... we.... have.... arrived."

After getting my suitcases, I waited around for about 45 minutes as "my ride" got a bit lost in Milwaukee. Actually it's not really her fault. There is a ton of construction and detours there.

And so the craziness of the wedding begins........ with craziness.



Wishing I could sleep for 20 hours,


Ti-Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment