Saturday, March 17, 2012

Collegiate Connotations

My deepest apologies for neglecting you so long.... I could say that I've been super busy planning my bungee jump from the Storms River Bridge, or that I've been caught up in planning my tour of the world, or even that I was so booked with extra cello rehearsals for the piano guys, but the real truth is...... I don't really have a good excuse.

And so I'm going to give you a super easy recipe with minimal pictures that you don't even really need the recipe for to make up for it...... wait..... that doesn't really.... okay so....... that sounded more exciting in my head........ so ummm....... yeah.....

This recipe reminds me of school. Oh, the fond memories I have of eating 2 of these with a cup of very sugary cappuccino just chillaxing with some friends.
It's probably the only food that I really remember from school.... except the epic peanut butter milkshakes. Oh, and the amazing dairy days with the pastries. So apparently the only food memories I have are filled with sugar. What can I say- I was in college and had to do something to stay awake all day.... and night.

So here you go: Peanut Butter/ Frosted Flake Treat/ Bar-ish Things (catchy title, right?)

Start with 1 cup corn syrup
Add 1 cup white sugar
Put this on the stove to heat up
Measure out 5 cups of corn flakes (mine where frosted corn flakes- I just needed a bit more sugar, you know) Set aside
Add 2 cups smooth peanut butter (unless you are into that different texture that crunchy peanut butter will give you)
Stir into the boiling syrup and sugar mixture (so apparently I was all about my bracelet this day- all I have is pictures with the bracelet in focus. You have to admit- it is quite the nice bracelet. Wonder where I put it?)
Pour this over the corn flakes
Saabreen's reaction to my professional manner in which I juggle the camera, spoon, and pan.
I added a bit of chocolate for decoration on top
And there you have it. Simple. Easy. And ummm..... Short?

Collaborating a longer blog in my head for next time,

Ti-Ti

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your bracelet fall into your peanut butter/frosted flake bar-ish thingy bobs and.....you unknowingly-(because of the sugar high)- ATE IT!!!!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete