Friday, September 23, 2011

Back to the Basic Baking

APPLE CRISP
So this one is another one of those easy recipes. Good, but most people already know how to do this anywho.

But I'm gonna do it anywho cause I want to. So there. And I'm trying to relax today and get rid of a nasty cold.

This is one of the minimal ingredient recipes. You basically need apples, water, flour, cinnamon, sugar and salt.... oh, and butter.Older apples work great for this. One-they are easier to cut, two-they take less to cook, and three-'cause my momma told me so.

I find I like just a bit of apple peeling left on the apple. Maybe it gives it more texture, maybe cause it looks cooler, maybe cause I'm lazy and don't get it all off. Sprinkle this with 1/4 cup of water.
Dust this with cinnamon. And a bit of salt. Both of these have a specific measurement but I just do it to what looks right.
In a separate bowl combine 3/4 cup flour1 cup sugarand 1/3 cup soft butter. Mix this together- I mainly used a fork for this one- not my hands. This is a finer mix than the struesel.Spread evenly over apples.Add left over struesel from previous recipe. (http://trbrockmann.blogspot.com/2011/09/breather-from-life.html ) I normally double the crumble crust but didn't have to this time. Bake in a 350* oven for 40 minutes or until golden. The leftover struesel was a bit dark to start with so it kinda was always golden. We kinda just judged it ourselves.

And there you have it. The world-famous-original-recipe-of-Auntie-Sharon-Pastor-Thad-favorite-smells-like-fall-when-you-bake-it apple crisp.

Feeling fallish,


Ti-Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment