Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Considerably Cute Chipper

Finally some pictures of David Lance "Chipper" Saxon, III

In case you didn't know, he was born March 17th, Saint Patrick's Day, at 6:54pm. (Which also happened to be his actual due date. Well kinda. I think he sort of had two days given, the 17th and the 18th.) He was a whopping 9 lbs. 21 inches. He ended up being born by c-section (which mommy was kinda glad when she found out how big he was), due to his heart rate dipping.

We got to see him literally minutes after he was born as they paused for like 4 seconds as they wheeled him back to the room. We heard the length pretty much right away (which I won the guess, by the way), but then we waited forever for the height and to hear how mommy was. I think they forgot about us out there in the little room. We got very used to that room while we were there. It consisted of one small round table with 3 hard chairs, two armed chairs, microwave, and most importantly a coffee machine. I soon discovered that it was much too small to pace in. At least there was Internet access.

Due to some concerns about his oxygen level, his sugar level, and a dipping heart rate, Chipper was kept in the nursery from his first night until I left. Right as I had to go back to the airport, they had decided to take him to the Milwaukee Children's Hospital. It was so hard to leave right then. Thankfully, after checking him out for a night there, it was determined that everything was good and he was cleared to go home.

I know it's been a bit since I was out in WI- but my OCD was having a battle with the graininess of these photos. He was born at night and was in the dimly light nursery the whole time. So while most of the pictures turned out pretty blurry due to the low lighting- at least you get a general idea how cute my little guy is.......and I get to go out again at the end of this month for better photos! Which makes me just a bit happy........

  
Missing my cutie,
Ti-Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment